"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Update!


We have been home 2 1/2 months now and I know I am due for an update with pictures!  Things have been going great.  Cole has really become a great part of our family and we are so thankful to have him.  We have his surgery scheduled for August 27th and I am a little nervous. 

I need to give a great big praise to God!  From the day we knew we were going to be adopting Cole ,Dan and I, began praying that God would prepare Cole's heart for us and that he would bond with our family.  It is not unheard of people having problems with attachment and attachment disorders that can tear a family apart.  We have had none of those issues and I need to thank God for it.  He does eye contact with us, loves hugs and kisses, and is just as much a part of our family as our bio girls are.  He sleeps through the night and takes naps.  Sure we have had difficult times and difficult days but with God's strength we get through them.  I do believe that God has answered our prayers! 

OK here are some pictures:)






This is Cole on his first hike! He seemed a little confused as what to do. When in the house he was everywhere and into everything so I expected him to run his energy out. I did not take into thought that he never had been in the woods and would be so amazed by everything that he would actually be calm.




He saw we all had hiking sticks and wanted to steal Daddy's.













I don't know why there is a big space here!  I have been having issues with the blog and I am tired of trying to make it look right!!!  :)
He wanted to do what Daddy was doing.
He is just so adorable!

3 comments:

  1. He is so cute! I am glad that you guys do not have any attachment issues. Us either! But than I think yours was in foster care like ours, right?
    Anyway I am glad to see your post. I have clicked over to your blog couple of times and So the title Busy, busy ...

    He is adorable and we wish you good luck, recovery from the upcoming surgery.

    Eva (I talked to you on the phone in Garden the last night instead of letting you pack, sorry again)
    EAT (on RQ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva it is great to hear from you! Yes ours was in a foster care and I think the orphanage was good also. Was yours in Nanchang SWI? No problem about the packing it was great talking to you! Hope it helped:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you were great help.
    Mei was in Fengcheng. I am not so sure what to think about the SWI. I just felt little stone walled. Anyway we are having great daughter out of there and I will be forever thankful to them.
    Eva

    ReplyDelete