"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Adoption Shower!!!!

I have to share what a blessing my family was this last Sunday.  They threw me an adoption shower.  In paticular my cousin Jen (left in picture) and Mom (right in the picture) was such a blessing.  It made my heart feel so good knowing they would be accepting Cole into the family and that they are looking forward to it.  My Mom is my inspiration for adopting a boy who is cleft lip/palate.  She was born cleft lip/palate and she is the most beautiful, strongest woman I know!  She is going to be such a blessing in Cole's life knowing that he is not too different or in thinking something is wrong with him.  She is already being great in giving me pointers that I did not think about on my own.  One of them was to get button up shirts becaue she hated having shirts pulled over her head after she had surgury. 
Here is the sign that says it all!
No one had to be here and I know everybody has  busy schedules, so I really appreciated all who showed up to show support and love!  And thanks to my Mom who let us use the restaurant Jersey's Cafe.

One of the party goers could not handle anymore fun!
Some good friends who I did not tell the shower about until the last minute and they still came:)  I forgot to tell them sooner.  I am really loosing my mind!
We decided to open gifts as a family because we are adopting as a family and we are traveling together as a family.  This is very much a family event.  The girls were just as excited to see what he was getting and they are really looking forward to having a baby brother.
I am trying out my Ergo with my very unhappy nephew.  I am a little nervous trying this out with a two year old but in my research it is supposed to be great for bonding and attachement.
I can't thank everyone enough for what they did!!!!!!!!!!  I love you all and pray the Lord blesses you greatly.  Also, to those who were not able to make it, we appreciate your thoughts and prayers and all assistance you have already given.  Plus, we would like to publicly thank Rose and Roy (Dan's parents) for their very generous gift.  I would post more pictures and tell more of the story but my very impatient husband is wanting to eat dinner:)

2 comments: