"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hello from the other side of the world!

We are having an awesome time here and things could not be going better. I am unable to blog right now or check facebook (and I miss my spring time in China peeps) because China blocks those sites. My VPN is not working at the moment and I am hoping when we get to Nanchang it will not be as strict. The hotel we are staying at is awesome. It is very authentic and we feel like we are truly immersed in the culture. Which is very interesting to be in a culture that knows very little English. It is truly an adventure. We have the money down which is actually not too hard. And we are learning a little Chinese!

One thing that I am truly happy about is that we are sharing this with the girls. They are having a great time and just to be able to share this with them is unbelievable. They are also our little rock stars here and Cali is enjoying it. While out and about we are always having people asking for picture with us and our girls. It is fun but gets old when you are trying to head some where.

Here are a few pointers for those traveling to China:

1) Don't be so afraid of the squatty potty. Dan has made it his mission to never use one, while I am always happy to. Why you may ask? Well the reason is because when you are out and about and stop off at a really dirty restroom you don't have to touch anything! I don't have to worry about cleaning a seat or anything:) So I am a fan when out and about.

2) Pack cup ramen noodles for flight to China. The food on the plane is sooo horrible I can't even describe it. It would be a crime against humanity to serve that stuff to criminals in prison. I don't even know what the sauce was on the chicken. Was it bbq? We don't know! I found out the hard way that if you bring cup ramen they will put hot water in it for you. At least it would have been edible.

3) Get a translation book. It has been very handy.

4) Look at your day differently. You go to bed at 8pm. Sleep until 3am when your body will wake up and refuse to sleep anymore! Don't fight it, not even worth it. Get up and start your day. Hang out and drink tea or coffee and relax. We don't normally eat breakfast at home so we will eat nothing until 7am. While our kids eat breakfast so they will eat oatmeal or protein bar. Then at 7am when the hotel serves its free breakfast buffet you go and stuff your self. Think of this as lunch. Go and have fun and around 3pm eat a bid meal for dinner. Eat a snack before bed and go to bed at 8am. I am actually really enjoying this schedule right now! I am an not an early riser:) And those that know me know how much I hate waking up early.

When I get the vpn working again (which pray it does) I will go back and post pictures and make comments about our trip. I miss you all and thank you for your prayers! BTW we get Cole soon!!!! This Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Like I told you, I'm so glad you guys are enjoying your time in China! You're making such incredible memories together. :) Best of all, you're one step closer to Cole!

    Btw, the food on Lufthansa was quite good.... sorry about your yucky plane food! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds great.. Drake says hello but he is having a good time with Grammy and Papaw and Roudy too. Hope you have some good adventures love and miss you all.

    ReplyDelete