"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Friday, May 11, 2012

Oh Boy!!!

Yesterday was very intersting.  Good news is he is getting used to us and his personality is coming out more.  Bad news is he is getting used to us and his personality is coming out more:)  He is a handful.  Right before we were to get on the plane to come to Guangzhou he had a major tantrum.  His sisters had to potty but he wanted to keep walking.  He did not want to wait for them to come out and started screaming at the top of his lungs.  Now we are already stared at because we are white Americans.  Then we are stared at because we have a Chinese child who is cleft lip and palate.  Imagine the looks I got when he started screaming.  I had to go to the family style bathroom and let him scream away.  I think they could still hear him throught the airport.  At least I know he has good lungs!  :)  He finally calmed down and it was last call for boarding by the time I got back to the plane.  So by the time we were getting on the plane was packed!  Not one seat was next to each other.  So while boarding I think I scared the chinese flight attendants because they wanted to put our carry ons under the plane.  I said no.  They somehow magically figured out a place to put them on the plane.  They tried to sit the girls seperate from each other.  I gave them a look that made them move people around until the girls could sit next to each other and Dan and I was two seats behind with Cole.  I had paid for a seat for him but did not get it!  By that time I was in tears due to stress.  But Donna Rose really stepped up and took care of Cali and became like a little adult in a second.  So that was cool to see.

Going back to Cole's personality.  He is very fiesty and high energy.  He is also very ornery and if you are telling him to not hit (in Chinese) he will smile at you as he goes to hit.  And then laugh when you try to stop him.  I have to admit it is very funny and I try hard to not laugh at him and encourage him but I have failed.  He goes around the hotel room and makes huge messes.  He loves to throw stuff in toilet so you never know what you are going to find.  We have learned to keep the bathroom doors shut. 


This is us right after we arrieved in Guangzhou.  We made it!!!!  It was also a very rough flight because there was really bad turbulence.


I think the girls have really enjoyed the trip thus far:)

Because of his restlessness we have been reprimended by the hotel twice and at the medical checkup.  Dan and I may just be going off on someone in China because how do you tell a two year old little boy who just wants to play, to not run or have fun after you just rocked their world?  Dan said next time he is going to pick Cole up, who will scream because he is being stopped, and just stand next to the person:)  hahaha  we will show them;)

The medical check up was today and everything went great.  Also, before I go I must tell you about our awesome hotel room.  When we got here there was no room with a king size bed avaibable.  We told them we had to have a king size bed in case Cole had to sleep with us (which he has not because I finally have him sleeping in a crib).  The only room open at that time was a suite.  We are having to pay more a night but it is sooo worth it.  It is huge and totally worth the cost.  We did get a great deal though for those wondering! 

This is the living room/ dinning room.  This is where the girls are sleeping.


Please forgive any typos.  I did this as fast as I could while Cole sleeps and Dan took the girls to the pool!!!


1 comment:

  1. My gosh I know you are having some stresses, but I laughed my butt off at most of this. You just described a lot of my world every day!!! Of course I do have a much different scenario...but just Cole's behavior and personality. So much like Tristen in many ways. The toilet thing cracked me up! And I am sure you are laughing at a lot of the things you shouldn't be...for now :) Anyway, the room looks amazing! And it looks like you will have lots of room for Cole to roam...and make messes :P All the memories you are making...got to love it!

    ReplyDelete