"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Orphanage visit 2

This is a picture hanging up on the wall of the foster parents house.  The look Cole is giving in this picture is a look he gives alot.  He has a very fiery and fiesty personality!  It cracks me up but I know it is going to be a blessing and a curse.  He has no problem giving his thoughts and opinions!  And to be honest, I really like that about him.  He seems like a survivor.

This is the room that the whole family sleeps in including the parents.  I can see now why he is such a deep sleeper:)  They have one sleeping room, one living room, small kitchen and a bathroom for six kids and two adults.  I don't think we Americans sometimes know how blessed we are!


This is in the living room.  We are smiling but inside we were really sad. 



In front of the orphanage.  I know we can't help all of the orphans in the world or even this one orphanage but we can and will help one.  We already love Cole and are very thankful he is in our life.  Everyone talks about how we are blessing him but already he is blessing us!  I thank God for this experience in my life and I pray that I can become a better person and a better Mom through all of this.  I thank the Lord that we have the freedom to have as many kids as we want in America.

Tomorrow we will be leaving the province he was born in and abandoned in.  It is bittersweet in that we are closer to coming home and starting our new family life at home but sad because he is leaving the only life he has ever known.  I really do think the orphanage is a good place or as good of a place it can be.  I think they truelly love and care for the kids the best they can.  I believe the foster parents love the kids and are caring loving people even though I did not meet them.  

I know my kids was affected by this and I pray it is for the better.  I really want them to understand how blessed they are and how blessed we are.  I hope we teach them that to whom much is given, much is expected. 


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post. It's impossible to go through this process and not be changed. That's for sure.

    I am SO glad that you decided to visit the orphanage and the foster home. I'm sure you're so glad you did. The picture of Cole and the foster family is priceless. (Love his expression lol!) He sounds like an amazing little guy and I know you feel so blessed!

    This family picture is the best yet! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember that "time is a great healer" Give love and it will come back to you.

    ReplyDelete