"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sorry I have not posted in awhile!

I am sorry about that.  Life got crazy!  Wednesday night we had a foot massage for a hour and a half for only $15 each.  Dan, the girls and I all had one and it was not only a foot massage but a back, leg, neck and arm massage.  It was awesome!  It might have relaxed me too much or maybe toxins in the body I don't know.  I do know that the guy who was massaging me kept commenting on
how tense I was.  Hmm I wonder whyJ  The girls absolutely loved it!  Anyway the next day I felt nauseas and exhausted and did not want to get out of bed at all. 

We had our American Consulate appointment and everything went great.  He was sworn in and I can’t remember at all what we said.  We went shopping a little but I felt so bad that I just wanted to go back to the hotel room and rest!  And so we did.  I did nothing the rest of the day or night.  Dan went and got Pizza Hut because by this time I was so tired of the food and costs.  Food is not cheaper in China unless you like bone, beak and fat!
Friday we did some shopping and we wanted to get another massage but ran out of time and was up late packing getting ready for our flights the next day. 

 Now by Saturday we were done with China.  We had a great time while there and have some fond memories but we just wanted to get back to America where we have personal space, restrooms that are for the most part clean and not stinky, where there is good food and variety that does not cost a fortune, where we can drive again, where we can see the sunset, and where the air smells great!

 The Beijing airport was very stressful and no fun!  We were very frustrated with several things.  For instance, our stroller that we checked at the gate was sent to baggage claim because we were to slow getting off the plane.  What!?!  We had three kids and I did not think we did that bad of a job.  So not only did we have our carry ons to handle but we had a two year old who wanted to run free in the airportJ  And then we had to go back through security and there was even more security right before we got on the plane. 

 Other than those stresses, the flights were great.  Cole slept most of the long flight so I can thank God for that!  What was really cool was when we were landing in Washington D.C. there was a beautiful sunset!  It was awesome and that is where I realized I had not seen a sunset in 2 and ½ weeks.    

 That is also where Cole became a U.S. citizen.  I wanted to take a moment and weep and enjoy the moment but we only had 2 hours to get through immigration, customs and security to make it to our next flight.  It was a bit harried but we made it.  The last flight was the shortest and hardest.  Cole at this point was done with flying and not being able to run around.  We made it but it was stressful. 

 My Mom was there to greet us with a sign that I absolutely loved.  Because it was midnight when we landed there was not a big welcoming committee but that is ok.  Dan’s parents came and helped us load everything up and get us home.

 I had to stop off at Taco Bell though and it never tasted better!  Mmmmm.  Thanks for all who have prayed for us!  I really appreciate it and we are so thankful to have Cole home!  He is a perfect addition to our family.  I will try to continue to post for those interested in how he is doing and for his upcoming surgeries. 
                                                               This was our first flight.

                                                            On our second flight.
 

                                                          Cole becoming a U.S. citizen.

                                                           He is very happy about it:)


My Mom meeting us! I had mentioned to her that I really enjoyed seeing our name on a sign when we got off a plane and having someone picking us up. I loved her sense of humor:)

Back in the Indiana! Very happy and tired. Our whole trip took about 28 hours!


Cole's very first play date. He had a great time and loves our trampoline!



1 comment:

  1. I had tears in my eyes reading this. I am so happy for you and the entire family!

    Love love love this. :)

    ReplyDelete